Halo In High Heels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo In High Heels

For female Halo players to be girls and gamers.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

About

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rainbow Chicken 28
Stiletto
Stiletto
Rainbow Chicken 28

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-12-08

About Empty
PostSubject: About   About Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 7:02 am

Sometime in November on The Maw, I realised that I was one of only two females there. I had always known that, having had AvidWriter117 say rather excitedly in a PM “We now have...two girls”. Well, something like that, anyway. Anyways, sometime in November, it suddenly occurred to me that with a site this dominantly male, some girls might be scared to join. Don’t get me wrong, the guys there (minus one or two) are extremely friendly and accommodating. I knew that dedicating a section of the forum to girls wouldn’t work, so I decided that the only thing that could be done was to make a female forum.

I’ll be perfectly honest and say that I wasn’t too keen on starting the forum at first, as my IQ is roughly similar to that of a dead fish, so I know next to nothing about Halo (partially why I campaigned so heavily for a newbie section over there!). But then I realised that if I didn’t do it, no one would. So I put out word, and we slowly got some interest rising.

Thinking of the name, the banner, the colour scheme and the layout was hard, and doing it was even harder as I had no clue how to set up a forum, or run it. But here we are today, thanks to the help of some wonderful people:

Prophet of Reality and Afthotstreak719: Probably my two biggest supporters over at The Maw. It was unclear if they were joining here at the time of printing.
Spartanfiend: She accepted my offer of being an Admin here...while neither of us are constantly online, I reckon we can make it work.
AvidWriter117: He rescued this forum from the train wreck I made it when attempting to set it up.
ORDINATOR: My boyfriend, he spent the better part of a day editing various images to get this totally rocking banner just the way I liked it, and spent a lot of time organising the colour scheme with me.

Thanks to all the members, and everyone who has ever supported this forum! Let’s make it as big as it can be!

Cindy Smile
Back to top Go down
https://haloinhighheels.forumotion.com

About
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Halo In High Heels :: Welcome :: About/Rules-
Jump to: